Vendhost provides services to clients all around the world. Vendhost has the responsibility to protect each client and provide them with the best services available. The following guidelines were designed to insure these services.
All services provided by Vendhost may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any United States Federal, State or City law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material we judge to be threatening or obscene, unlicensed software or files, or material protected by trade secret and other statue. The subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Vendhost from any claims resulting from the use of the service which damages the subscriber or any other party.
Vendhost will not be liable under any situation to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or other consequential damages for any use of this web site or from the use of the service, or any hyperlinked web site, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data or otherwise, even if we are expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. Information on this web site may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information on this web site is provided "as-is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability.
Examples of non-acceptable content or links
- Pirated Software
- "Illegal MP3's"
- Hackers programs or archives
- Warez Sites
- Child Pornography
Vendhost will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision.
Unlimited Traffic/Hits & Web Space:
Vendhost is pleased to offer our clients unlimited traffic, hits and web space. To maintain the integrity of our service the usage of account for backup or file storage is not allowed as well as the following kind of activities, traffic and usage:
- Account usage for backup purposes
- Sites with banners, graphics or cgi's running from their domain being used on other domains.
- Sites with immense graphic archives or galleries.
- Sites offering immense download archives, such as .zip, .tar, .rar, .GZ and so on.
- Sites running large chat room gatherings.
- IRC Scripts and Bots of any kind unless it was explicitly permitted by HostForWeb, Inc management
- Proxy scripts/anonymizers
- Image hosting similar to Photobucket, Twitpic, Imageshack and others
- AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites
- IP scanners
- Bruteforce Programs/Scripts/Applications
- Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts
- Banner-Ad services (commercial banner ad rotation)
- File Dump/Mirror similar to Rapidshare and others
- Audio Streaming with more than one or two streams
- Escrow, Bank Debentures, Bank Debenture Trading programs and sites
- High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or related sites
- Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, Second Life/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme and such)
- Prime Banks Programs
- Lottery sites
- Hacker focused sites/archives/programs
- Sites promoting illegal activities
- Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content
- Fraudulent Sites of any kind
- Mailer Pro hosting sites
- Sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s)
- *Sites on the Business or Select Hosting plans using more than 10% of any system resource including but not limited to CPU, RAM or Disk
- **Sites on the Pro or Ultimate Hosting plans using more than 15% of any system resource including but not limited to CPU, RAM or Disk
If you do not qualify for unlimited traffic/hits, your account may be required to be upgraded, or, Vendhost may move your site to a different server, to reduce the load on the server you are currently residing... Vendhost will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of usage limitations. Bandwidth/data transfer will go unmonitored until you reach your account limit, then normal over-usage data transfer costs will apply. At any time Vendhost may move your site to a different server, to reduce the load on the server you are currently residing.
Vendhost does allow clients to install their own chat rooms. However, these tend to be large system hogs and may fall into the usage limitations clause. We do provide a html based cgi chatroom that runs without hindering the performance of the machine for others. You are free to run your own chat script, as long as it does not hinder server performance.
Vendhost may allow programs to run continually in the background, these are considered on a one to one basis and an extra charge may be incured based on system resources used and operational maintenance needed.
Vendhost does allow Cron Jobs to be conducted on our servers.
Vendhost currently does not allow IRC or IRC bots to be operated on our servers.
Multiple telnet and ftp sessions are allowed, on a single hosting account.
Vendhost may disconnect any idle connection to the network.
Average timeouts are:
- FTP - 300 seconds
- Telnet - 2 hours
Commercial Advertising - Email
Spamming, or the sending of unsolicited email, from a Vendhost server or using an email address that is
maintained on a Vendhost machine is STRICTLY prohibited. For general reference, we consider spam any email that is sent to more than 10 people at a time that did not ask for it to be sent to them.
Vendhost will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision. Opt-In email is acceptiable, as long as Opt-Out/Removal request are fully honored. Please make an effort to limit outgoing mail on your account to no more than 1000 pieces per hour. Large mailings are preferred to be sent from the hours of 12AM - 8AM EST.
Any attempts to undermine or cause harm to a Vendhost server or customer of Vendhost is strictly prohibited. Vendhost will pursue legal action to the fullest extent for all abuse of the Vendhost Network.
If any terms or conditions are failed to be followed it will result in grounds for account suspension or de-activation. Vendhost reserves the right to remove any account without prior notice. IfVendhost deactivates your account(s) for violating policy, your will forfeit your rights to a refund...and none will be given. No refunds for advance payments, on de-activated accounts. Normal policy is a warning first, and account de-activation the second offense. Serious offenses may cause immediate de-activation.
Vendhost respects the privacy of every individual who visits our Web sites, responds to our interactive
advertisements or sends us e-mail. This Privacy Statement outlines the information Vendhost will collect and how we will use that information. This Statement will also instruct you on what to do if you do not want your personal information collected or shared when you visit Vendhost Web sites, respond to our Web-based advertisements or send us email.
All order forms on Vendhost utilize a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or Secure Electronic Transaction (SET)
protocol to provide "secure sessions" for our visitors. Through the "secure session," information that you input into a Vendhost order form will be sent and will arrive privately and unaltered at aVendhost server. This security prohibits other companies and Web users from being able to access your information.
Vendhost will not collect any personally-identifiable information about you (that is, your name, address, telephone number, or email address) unless you provide it to us voluntarily.
The following are some examples of when Vendhost may require that you provide personally-identifiable
- to complete an online order for a product or service (if you do not wish to complete an online order form, we will always provide an option for you to complete an order by calling or faxing)
- to enter an online contest or sweepstakes (if you do not wish to complete an online contest or sweepstakes form, we will always provide an option for you to enter by mail)
- to request more information about new or current Vendhost products or services.
If you do not want your personally-identifiable information collected, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted this information and would like for us to remove it from our records, please contact us at the email address listed at the bottom of this Statement. We will use reasonable efforts to delete your information from our existing files.
When you do provide us with personally-identifiable information, we may use that information in the following ways, unless stated otherwise:
- we may store and process that information to better understand all customer needs and how we can improve our products and services for all customers.
- we may use that information to contact you with new promotions and announcements if you have previously provided your permission and if the promotions and announcements are in your interest.
- we may contact you if we have questions about your account.
Vendhost will not sell personally-identifiable information to third parties, unless stated at the time of collection. We may share information with business partners. We are committed to giving you the choice whether or not we use your information for marketing purposes or share information with business partners.
Special Note About Google
Vendhost uses Google Analytics. The features that have been implemented are based on Display Advertising (e.g., Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). Using the Ads Settings, you can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads. You can also review Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs for the web.
Vendhost uses data from Google’s interest-based advertising and 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) through the use of Google Analytics.
Provision of Service
Vendhost shall supply the Service to the Customer. The use of the Service is at the Customers sole risk. Vendhost nor any of its agents or employees warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted or error free.
Liability and Indemnity
You expressly and irrevocably agree that our total aggregate liability to you for any proven losses, damages and claims in connection with the provision or use of Services or this Agreement, including liability for breach of contract, negligence, tort, or any other common law or statutory action, shall be limited to the charges paid to us by you in respect of the Services which are the subject of any such claim. You agree to defend, indemnify and keep indemnified and hold us harmless from any:
- loss of business, contracts, profits or anticipated savings;
- other indirect or consequential or economic loss whatsoever;
- loss of data or inability to retrieve data resulting from delays, software incompatibility, hardware or software issues, outages, failed deliveries, and any service interruption not caused by us;
- injury to person or property allegedly caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with us;
- negligence, misconduct, or breach of this agreement by you;
- incomplete, inadequate or otherwise problematic use of any Services by you;
- omission or failure by you to obtain appropriate advice, including legal advice, in respect of any Services or this Agreement prior to making a purchase;
- incomplete, inadequate or lack of knowledge and experience necessary for use of any Services;
- allegation that your account infringes a third person's copyright, trademark, or intellectual property right, or misappropriates a third person's trade secrets due to the information you have provided us, and
- damages including but not limited to indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages allegedly arising out of, resulting from, incidental to, or in connection with this Agreement or Services.
support at vendhost dot com